Woodland Management & Membership Officer
A rare opportunity at the Small Woods Association to play a key role for both the organisation and for our members. The role will focus on woodland management policy, project organisation and services to members.
You will be conversant with the range of issues related to multi-objective woodland management. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive, you will:
- Lead national work on woodland management including networking, the development of funding bids, representation, supporting the development of Small Woods’ policies on a wide range of issues, and
- Coordinate woodland management advice and activities for members including events, training, liaising with regional coordinators and responding to members’ enquiries.
Based at the Green Wood Centre in Shropshire, benefits include:
- Working in a beautiful office location in Coalbrookdale, near Ironbridge
- Being part of a small, friendly and professional team
- Being at the centre of the UK-wide woodland sector
- Benefiting from training course discounts at the Green Wood Centre
Success in achieving growth in this area of work would be assessed regularly and significant increases in activity rewarded accordingly. Anyone wishing to discuss the role should contact Ian Baker on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salary: £27,329 pro rata (3.5 days per week)
Closing date: 20th January
Benefits: 5 weeks per annum; family friendly flexible working