At the Green Wood Centre, 16th March 2017, 9am – 4.30pm.
Adding Value To Our Woodlands.
With the objective of bringing neglected woods back into management, The Forestry Commission and Small Woods Association are proud to host a day of discussions and demonstrations for woodland owners, contractors and community woodland groups. The day will include:
Demonstrations of extraction equipment: Transforming woodlands with difficult access
- Timber Arches
- Quad Bikes
- Alstor Forwarders
- Portable Winches from Tread Lightly Forestry
Adding value to timber: The latest machinery and traditional crafts
- Wood-Mizer Sawmill Operating
- Hydraulic Log Splitting
- Hookway Retort Kiln Charcoal Making
- Fascine Making
- Green Wood products with Neill Mapes
- Leader funding for Woodland equipment
- Community woodland groups
- Utilising volunteers in a woodland business
The event will be held at the Green Wood Centre, Coalbrookdale, Shropshire. Places are limited, so book well-before March 3rd to avoid disappointment. Lunch will also be provided by the Green Wood Café.
For full details or to book your place, contact Russell Critchley at email@example.com or call 01952 432769.
Hydraulic Log Splitting:
Hookway Retort Kiln:
Green Wood products with Neill Mapes: