This course will be an opportunity to understand how to go about felling large and difficult trees and all the necessary considerations when doing so. Participants must have a Felling up to 380mm (15 inch) or higher qualification to attend.
The course will include:
- Discussion around saw, bar and chain combinations
- Dealing with trees that are difficult to fell
- Felling cuts for valuable timber
- Felling near roads and public highways
- Modification of felling cuts for species and situation
- Felling to ease extraction and production
- Felling damaged, weak and dead trees
- Presentation of valuable timber
The course will be a mixture of classroom, a walk to look at some examples and a practical session on standing logs. The course tutor will be Bob Smith – an experienced forestry practitioner and former Forestry Commission Instructor.
BOOKING OPTIONS: Contact the Office 01952 432769 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Due to Covid-19 we will not be taking any payments until we can be sure that the course will be able to run. Bookings will still be taken as usual and payment will be requested closer to the course date when we can confirm the course is running
FURTHER INFORMATION: Contact Richard Thomason 01952 432769/07964 934556 email@example.com
Special offer for our members: 20% off all course fees! Please contact the Office on the details above to get your discount.