This course will be an opportunity to understand how to go about felling large and difficult trees and all the necessary considerations when doing so. Participants must have a Felling up to 380mm (15 inch) or higher qualification to attend.
The course will include:
- Discussion around saw, bar and chain combinations
- Dealing with trees that are difficult to fell
- Felling cuts for valuable timber
- Felling near roads and public highways
- Modification of felling cuts for species and situation
- Felling to ease extraction and production
- Felling damaged, weak and dead trees
- Presentation of valuable timber
The course will be a mixture of classroom, a walk to look at some examples and a practical session on standing logs. The course tutor will be Bob Smith – an experienced forestry practitioner and former Forestry Commission Instructor.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT OPTIONS: Contact the Office 01952 432769 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
FURTHER INFORMATION: Contact Richard Thomason 01952 432769/07964 934556 email@example.com
Special offer for our members: 20% off all course fees! Please contact the Office on the details above to get your discount.