Learn some basic whittling techniques, to create a variety of objects including carving your very own woody character using a process of knife cuts which release the spirit from the wood.
You will learn;
- How to use whittling tools safely and effectively
- A variety of different cutting techniques
- Different properties of green wood
- How to carve a ‘Tree Spirit’ and transfer those skills to other projects
This course will be taught in a group setting around the fire circle, each equipped with a sloyd knife and a piece of green wood. Maurice will take you through a variety of cuts that can be used and applied to whatever you want to make.
This course is taught by Maurice Clother. Tools and equipment will be provided.
BOOKING OPTIONS: Contact the Office 01952 432769 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Due to Covid-19 we will not be taking any payments until we can be sure that the course will be able to run. Bookings will still be taken as usual and payment will be requested closer to the course date when we can confirm the course is running
FURTHER INFORMATION: Contact Richard Thomason 01952 432769 or 07964 934556 email@example.com
Special offer for our members: 20% off all course fees! Please contact the Office on the details above to get your discount.