Course Cost: £80
Location: The GreenWood Centre, Coalbrookdale, TF8 7DR
This course will give you the full step-by-step process of making a classic hay rake.
Rakes have been used extensively for a variety of tasks, prior to mechanisation of working on the land, such as gathering hay and straw, raking soils or gathering leaves.
During this course you will also discuss other possible designs of rake.
You will learn:
- How to select suitable timber
- To understand grain and orientation of grain for strength
- To use a variety of hand tools
- To make a rake head and handle
- To make tines (wooden teeth) using a tine cutter
This course will be taught by Neill Mapes. Lunch and refreshments provided.
FURTHER INFORMATION: Contact Richard Thomason 01952 432769/07964 934556 firstname.lastname@example.org
Special offer for our members: 20% off all course fees! Please contact Judith on the details above to get your discount.