Course Cost: £100
Venue: Wyre Forest at Uncllys Farm, Bewdley, Worcestershire. DY12 2LR
This course is designed to equip woodland owners to take control of deer management within their woods.
- Understanding landscape scale management, the role a stalker can play in cull collaboration
- Understanding levels of accreditation for deer managers and the minimum appropriate to activity, minimum levels of competency, proving competency, seeking references. Key questions to achieve reassurance
- Understanding levels of risk and mitigation
- Understanding levels of responsibility and liability. Type of insurance and minimum cover appropriate to risk
- Using established networks to find a suitable deer manage
- Forming a simple contract appropriate to need
- Agreeing and setting cull numbers
- How to monitor against set impact targets – how to manage poor cull performance
- How to manage disagreements and conflict
- Understanding venison supply chain and ensuring good practice
The course will be based in the heart of the Wyre Forest at Uncllys Farm. This is the perfect venue benefiting from a local deer management group running for over 40 years. The course will be supported by Ed Brown chairman of the Wyre Forest Deer Management Society and Phil Rudlin Wildlife Ranger with the Forestry Commission.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT OPTIONS: Contact Judith Adams email@example.com
FURTHER INFORMATION: Contact Richard Thomason 01952 432769/07964 934556 firstname.lastname@example.org
Special offer for our members: 20% off all course fees! Please contact Judith on the details above to get your discount.