This is an opportunity to learn how to sharpen hand tools to a high professional standard. A blunt tool makes work hard, slow and dangerous. The 2 person saw has become a popular tool but the skill to sharpen needs passing on. Billhooks and axes work so much better when sharp.
You will learn:
- Different saw patterns and edged tool profiles
- Suitable sharpening tools and devices
- How to set and sharpen a cross cut saw
- How to create the correct profile for billhooks and axes
- Sharpening and Honing bill hooks and axes
- How to handle and repair edged tools
The course tutor will be Brian Williamson and will take place at the Green Wood Centre.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT OPTIONS: Contact Judith Adams 01952 435850 or email email@example.com
FURTHER INFORMATION: Contact Richard Thomason 01952 432769/07964 934556 firstname.lastname@example.org
Special offer for our members: 20% off all course fees! Please contact Judith on the details above to get your discount.