Course Cost: £180
Venue: The GreenWood Centre, Coalbrookdale, TF8 7DR
This is a 2 day course based at the Green Wood Centre. Participants will learn how to make a traditional woven hazel hurdle working alongside a professional hurdle maker Brian Williamson.
You will learn:
- How to select and prepare suitable hazel rods for the different parts of a hurdle
- Locate and set a hurdle brace and prepare the tools of the trade.
- How to cleave (split) hazel rods using a bill hook or riving post.
- Setting the zales
- Weaving using a selection of material to build the hurdle
- Finishing weave and snedding
- The different traditional hurdle patterns
Each participant will make a hurdle to return home along with the knowledge to continue to practice and hone their skills.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT OPTIONS: Contact the Office 01952 432769 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
FURTHER INFORMATION: Contact Richard Thomason 01952 432769 or 07964 934556 email@example.com
Special offer for our members: 20% off all course fees! Please contact Judith on the details above to get your discount.