Course Cost: £85
Venue: Edge Wood, Shropshire
Learn how to fell a mature Oak tree using traditional techniques.
You will learn:
- How to use a felling axe and crosscut saw
- The process of assessing a tree for felling
- Preparing the tree
- Understanding direction of fall and the dangers of felling
- Cutting the gob with a felling axe
- Tool sharpening and why it is important
This course will be taught by Brian Williamson.
The Timber Reduction – Log to Lath course the following day will be a continuation of this course. It is possible to attend each separately, however if you would like to see the whole process, from standing tree to products, it is recommended that both are attended.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT OPTIONS: Contact the Office 01952 432769 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
FURTHER INFORMATION: Contact Richard Thomason 01952 432769/07964 934556 email@example.com
Special offer for our members: 20% off all course fees! Please contact the Office on the details above to get your discount.