Realising the value of broadleaf woodland
Green Wood Centre, Coalbrookdale, Shropshire, TF8 7DR.
Friday 24th November 2017, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm OR
Saturday 25th November 2017, 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
With the objective of bringing neglected woods back into management and creating new woodlands, The Forestry Commission and Small Woods Association are proud to host a day of discussions and demonstrations for people from the farming community, woodland owners, contractors, community woodland groups and agents. The day will include:
Seeing the value of wood: commercial & woodland craft value of trees.
- Walk in the woodland around the Green Wood Centre to discuss the commercial and woodland craft value of trees.
- Followed by short venison taster session.
Timber processing: equipment demonstrations- focus on firewood production.
- Step by step firewood production demonstration.
- Equipment demonstration:
- Hydraulic log splitter.
- Firewood processor.
- Kindling processor.
- Small scale equipment for log chopping.
Support for your woodland.
- Hear from experts and ask questions about woodland management, from grants to planting.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided by the Green Wood Café. Places are limited, book early to avoid disappointment! RSVP by 13th November.
For full details or to book your place, contact Kieran Leigh-Moy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01952 432769.