Course Cost: £90
Venue: …South West Venue to be confirmed…
A new course for woodland owners, woodland workers, and woodland managers. The course will help you have a clearer idea of the development planning system, with particular focus on England, and practical steps you can take to present your woodland project in the most positive frame to the Local Planning Authority and others.
The course content will include:
- The purpose of the planning system;
- Why the planning system matters to woodlands;
- Types of development and when an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and plan-ning application are (not) required for woodlands;
- Recent case studies;
- Strategies for how you approach the planning system;
- Environmental planning – taking a view in the round at the social, environmental and economic benefits of woodlands;
- Producing a Woodland Concept Plan to gather early support;
- Making Planning Work Better for Woodlands – an introduction to the new project being led by The Small Woods Association and The SLIM Woodlands C.I.C., and how you can be involved.
The course is classroom based. On the course, you will have the opportunity to start working on a plan for your woodland project/idea. You will also be provided supporting material to use after the course.
This course will be delivered by Graham Morgan of The SLIM Woodlands C.I.C.; an environmental planning consultant, ecologist and coppice worker.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT OPTIONS: Contact Judith Adams firstname.lastname@example.org
FURTHER INFORMATION: Contact Richard Thomason 01952 432769/07964 934556 email@example.com
Special offer for our members: 20% off all course fees! Please contact Judith on the details above to get your discount.