Legacies to Small Woods, no matter how small, could really make a difference to woodlands:
- £100 could buy tools for use on the Forest Schools and Social Forestry programmes
- £500 could pay for a safety assessment of a woodlands for Forest School use
- £1000 would help to fund a local coordinator to deliver advice, events and activities in one region of the UK
- £5000 could help us set up a campaign to highlight the need for better managed woodlands across the country
- £10,000 could pay for a coppice or workshop apprentice for 18months
- £25,000 could pay for a woodland adviser post to provide information and management plans for 200 small woodlands
- £50,000 would pay for ecological assessment, management plan and the introduction of coppice rotation to a neglected woodland over 5 years
See ‘Our Work’ area of the website for more details of how we are helping to protect and support both people and woodlands across the country.
Changing your Will to support Small Woods
If you already have a Will and would like to include a donation to Small Woods you will need to contact your Solicitor or professional will writer, instruct them that you wish to leave a donation to Small Woods. They may decide to use a Codicil to add your request to your existing Will. You may find it useful to use our codicil form which you can take along when you meet with your solicitor to amend your will.
If you do not have a Will your first step should be to talk to a Solicitor or reputable will writer, this ensures that your Will is legally correct and all your wishes can be carried out.
Let us know – this will be treated in the strictest confidence and is not binding in any way, it simply helps us to plan ahead.
If you would like to talk to someone about leaving a legacy or supporting Small Woods in any of the ways mentioned above please contact Ian Baker, Small Woods CEO, on 01952 432769 or firstname.lastname@example.org.